20 March 2013

WIP Wednesday

Hi!
Here's my latest WIP.

I've been working away on a little secret project these past few weeks.
I'm part of a group on Ravelry called "British Banter" and it's Spring Swap time.

For those of you that don't know about "Swaps".
 It's when a list of people make something & send it to a recipient.
Sometimes there's a theme, like this one is Spring & Easter, or it could be Christmas.
Sometimes it's just for fun.
Usually you get a recipients details and a guide to their likes & dislikes.
(After all there's no point in making something they don't like)
Then your "Swap Partner" gets a list of your likes & dislikes.
There is usually a limit of an amount of money you can spend, and if you already have something in your stash that you think your swapper would like, that doesn't count in the cost.
You make something by hand, be it knitted, crocheted, sewn, or even just a handmade card.
Add some little bits like favourite chocolate or goodies, make the parcel special and send it along.
then we have a group "Opening" day.
We all wait until that particular day, open our present, and post a picture of what we've received & of course a Thank you to our sender.

However this swap I'm participating in, is a Secret Swap.
I know my recipient, but he/she doesn't know who I am, so it'll be a complete surprise as to what they've received.

I've made my card by hand, added some little gifts that I think she'll like, bought some of her favourite chocolate, added some things made from my stash, and not forgetting the most important part...the knitted gift.

As it's a Spring swap I wanted to make something that was bright & cheerful, as well as incorporating the Easter theme.

I can only post just one photograph for now incase she's looking.

I can't wait to send it & see what she thinks!
but I'll be sure to show you all the finished result after opening day which is March 30th.